Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday 3 August 2010

Waiting.....part deux!

So I've been waiting and waiting for my +opk and I finally got it last night. Yippeee!!! I was really worried that it was a cyst and I'd have to sit this cycle out. It was + last night at 8pm and was still + today at 6pm. I've been hitting the sheets with the hubby like it is my job since last Friday. I'm going to aim for another 2x over the next 2 days and then finally be able to relax and gear up for the second leg of my waiting (aka the TWW), part deux if you will. Doesn't it suck the toll that TTC takes on your se.x life? Not that I'm complaining about my husband or our se.x life but TTC just changes things. It seems like more work than fun. I'm trying really hard to keep it fun and Sam has a great attitude about it. I think it becomes work for the men too, and women forget that because we always assume that is all a guy wants :) We joke about it sometimes, but we both try to keep our end goal of having a family in mind.

I've been working really hard to keep my mind off of being infertile and focusing on enjoying my life now. I read this great book by Gretchen Rubin called The Happiness Project. It really helped me to realize all the things that I want to accomplish and how I'm letting infertility and my sadness surrounding our situation get in the way of truly being happy on a day to day basis. Today I woke up, laid out in the sun, went to the local Italian store for fresh produce, took my pup for a nice long walk in town, and made an incredible bruschetta. I got a lot accomplished today and I had fun. I realize how important being happy on a day to day basis is to maintaining my sanity during this constant waiting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment