Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday 9 May 2010

Mother's Day Blows...when you're far from home and still not pregnant.


It isn't even really mother's day here in Italy. We don't have american TV so there are no reminder commercials. We have no stores here like Target or Hallmark. I almost avoided the whole day like I had planned. But there is always fac.ebook to remind you that you are infertile, joyless, and completely incapable of being happy for others. There were about 300 "Happy mothers day to all the mothers out there" messages by the time I went to sleep last night. I used to be one of those people. Honoring the mothers, especially my own, used to be really important to me. I know what a hard but rewarding job it is...well obviously not first hand:( But for some reason, I am so jealous and bitter that I can't even muster up enough self control or politeness to say it to anyone, except for my own mother. I would rather say, "Happy Mother's Day, even though you don't deserve it and all you do is complain." Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
I didn't even get to talk to my own mother yesterday (the little cutie to your right). I called 3x, no one answered, no one called me back. The 7 hour time difference and my family's complete lack of technical knowledge prevent me from getting any calls from them. Sk.ype is not that hard to use people! But I figured I'd talk about my wonderful mother a little bit. My mom is fantastic, crazy, annoying, loving, and spontaneous. These are all things that I love and hate about her. She raised me and my two brothers on her own. She never relied on anyone and made herself successful without having parents of her own and without help from anyone. My mom is tough as nails and says it like it is. She swears like a sailor when she's mad, she has bouts of mania where she cleans and laughs and cries, and she is the best snuggler I know. When I go home, I still go lay in my mom's bed with her so we can snuggle. My mom has no husband or partner. She never complains. She always tries to make the best out of things. I admire her and aspire to be like her. Happy Mother's Day Mom. You're the only mother that means anything to me today. Thanks for the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment