Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday 26 March 2011

Everybody's Working for the Weekends.

I have always worked shift work, 12 hour shift work, since I
graduated from college and joined the navy in 2005. I always worked weekends and holidays and had full glorious days off during the week. As much as I complained sometimes about working weekends and holidays, those wednesdays and thursdays off in the middle of the week were heavenly. I miss them. I currently work 7:30AM-4pm Mon-Fri and frankly I miss my shift work. Don't get me wrong. I finally don't have work nights which is great and I'm able work out more frequently and regularly and Sam and I eat dinner together at night, which is new. But I really miss my frequent days off and my ability to sleep in. I LIVE for my weekends lately. And it has been crazy at work lately. I've been running around and have a zillion projects to complete. I just really miss patient care and being a real nurse. Administrative nursing is just not for me. Only 13 months to go.....hopefully!
On the infertility front, I've been taking the stupid mucinex 3x a day for the last few days. I had an u/s yesterday showing a 28x22 follicle on the right side (which I think was measured at a wierd angle because if it's really that big it should have ovulated by now, right?) I'm not hopeful. I'm not anything. I know it won't work so I'm trying really hard not to give a shit. I haven't even peed on any OPK's yet and it's cycle day 16. I am so aware of when I ovulate now that I don't even need those stupid pieces of shit anymore. I guess it's just confirmation, I'm sure it'll be happening this weekend, and we'll go through the motions, and two weeks from now my stupid period will be here again. Sighhhhhh.....
I have bigger fish to fry, like losing a couple pounds before it's time for the navy to weigh me again, and kicking ass on my push up test this year, and making the house feel like a home, and finishing my travel scrapbook, and planning trips, and learning to play guitar. I have a lot of good stuff to keep me busy that I should be doing. Instead I sit and wallow and cry and wonder how trying to have a child has ruined my sex life and my will to live. Ugghhhh!
Seriously though....I have started working with a trainer at our gym, and she is awesome! She pushes to me outside my comfort zone. I always did cardio and abs and hated lifting. But she makes me lift constantly without rest and with spurts of cardio for an hour twice a week. I've never felt stronger(or more sore!) than I have in the last 3 weeks. I'm proud of myself for not pushing this off because "I might get pregnant". My life is now, and if I'm not out there living it, then I am missing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment