Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday 21 February 2011

In honor of distraction.

I've been keeping busy for two reasons. #1 My BFF Naomi just left the island of Sicily for good on Saturday morning. This sucks for me because at least 75% of my free time was spent hanging out, working out, or chatting on the phone with her. I'm gonna miss that girl! #2 It's cycle day 13, I'm about to ovulate, and I'm sick of thinking about failed cycles, hopeful cycles, and everything in between.

This is my buddy Naomi on her last night here :(

So to keep busy and distract myself I did A LOT this weekend, which was a long one because of president's day. I finished a huge group project for my finance and economics of health care class. Thank God too, because that sucker was looming over my head for the last 7 weeks and isn't due until March 10th. Plenty of time for fixing it up with my group, but at least my part is DONE!!!! Yeah!
I also started quilting, and I must say I'm a little obsessed. I've been watching one of my new friends here start a new quilt and she was teaching me little by little. I bought all my own materials and started out on my very first lap quilt. I bought a ton of blue, green, brown, gray colors on line and had them shipped to me. I borrowed a sewing machine from a friend, bought all the cutting and sewing supplies and I was on my way.
I spent about 2 hours yesterday ironing all my fabrics after I washed them. Then I cut them all. I learned how to use the sewing machine with a little help from my friend. After all that you couldn't stop me. I was on fire. I cut everything, pieced it all together and now I just have to figure out how to arrange my squares. Quilting is so much fun. I couldn't ask for a better distraction. I posted some pictures below so you can see the progression.

2 comments:

  1. First, I just wanted to thank you for your comment. Your knowledge as a nurse in L&D always makes me pay extra special attention to your words, and the compassion and sensitivity and positivity you left in your post are pretty much exactly what I need right now, esp when my Mom and others say uneducated things. So, thank you thank you thank you.

    And, this quilt is awesome!!! I adore the colors you picked...so happy and soothing. Awesome project, and now you know how to do it and can mellow out with your hobby whenever!! Love it!! And love what a great distraction it was for you. Onto the next! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is beautiful! I absolutely love the color pallet and it totally makes me want to think about quilting. I've tried crocheting and kitting and cannot get hooked (hahaha) into either...

    ReplyDelete