Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday 28 July 2010

Still here...

Hello all! Hope everyone is doing well out there. I'm hanging in there, cycle day 14. I've completed my cycle days 5-9 of 100mg of clomid. I'm having the same hot flashes, at night especially, and am having a lot of headaches this time. The hot flashes suck because it's been hot here everyday and we only have one A/C unit in our house (thankfully its in the bedroom). Plus my little pup Satchel is a heater and he has to lay next to his momma, ALWAYS :)
I have my U/S scheduled for Friday(cycle day 16) because my Dr was on vacation. And honestly, even though I always start using OPK's on cycle day 12 I have never gotten a + before cycle day 16. I was thinking about asking for a trigger injection this time. I've never had one but maybe that would help me hit my fertile window. I just feel like we are always missing our mark. I don't feel that way during the fertile time, but each time I see that BFN I always feel like we could have done something differently. Oh well...just have to wait and see.
In other news to keep myself busy I have been studying for a certification exam in Inpatient Obstetrics. If my paperwork goes through I'll be heading to Spain in September for my exam. I'm excited to see the other naval base and to have my certification out of the way. I'm also midway through my master's statistics course, which is awful! I've been spending a lot of time thinking about how awful I am at math :( How did I manage to get through undergrad? My nephew that had the traumatic brain injury last year got his "skully" put back on last week and went home from the hospital yesterday. Hurray! He was wearing a helmet for the last few months after he got an infection and had to have his bone flap removed. He's excited to lose the helmet and have his skully (bone flap as he calls it) back.
I'm also in the midst of planning our next few trips. I wish I knew what was going to happen. I wish I didn't have so much hope each cycle because I always think "I'll be this far along when we go on this trip, if this cycle works". It messes with my head. I have a few days of leave in September and am deciding between Prague and Barcelona. We also have a ski trip planned for February with some friends. Having the trips to look forward to keeps me focused and excited and breaks up the long three years that we will be here in Sicily. It also provides a welcome distraction from TTC. I'm off to day dream about Czech beer and Sangria, Spanish guitar, and foreign cities.....

1 comment:

  1. If you're ovulating on Clomid most REs would say (I think!) that you don't NEED a trigger. But I think asking abt it sounds like a great idea. I coudn't ovulate on my own when I was on Clomid (nor can I on injects) so for me it was a crucial missing piece.

    I soooo know what you mean abt looking ahead and trying to plan life around cycles...and daydreaming about being pregnant and how that would effect life (work, travel, etc). Keep your chin up! You're doing awesome and there is every reason to believe THIS could be your cycle. xo

    ReplyDelete