Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday 23 September 2010

Catching Up

Hello all! I received a great comment from someone this week and I wanted to say thanks. Has anyone else tried the instead cups? I just wonder how successful they are. I couldn't find much information about them. We are still on a modified "break". If I ovulate we will try. Who knows when I'll ovulate? So I'm not trying to get too excited about anything. I can't pursue any new treatments. There isn't anywhere reliable here to get an IUI or even talk about IVF. So I am stuck and I'm working on being okay with this limbo. The therapy has been helping. I feel more aware of my irrational tendencies. I see my recovery time, from the grief I experience after a BFN, has decreased. I still feel sad, but I'm dealing with it better. I'm trying so hard not to let my sadness overtake my life.
I'm taking time now to focus on getting healthy. I've been spinning a couple of times a week and running the other days. I read The Infertility Cure while I was away on vacation. I've cut out coffee (which sucks) and alcohol (which sucks more) and most sugar (which is just awful). I figure if I'm ever going to give up having kids I want to say I tried everything. Since I am not able to pursue treatments I thought traditional chinese medicine might be a good option. I'm still trying to find an acupuncturist here in Sicily, but I know there are at least a few here, so that is good news! I'm not being too strict about all the dietary restrictions, I'm just cleaning up my diet little by little. I feel pretty good so far.
I also wanted to share a little about Barcelona. We had such a fantastic time. We took a private walking tour in the gothic quarter which was amazing. Our guide took us all over and explained little things we never would have found on our own. We enjoyed Guell Parc on one of our days there and we also did a wine tour in the country side. The tapas were delicious and the sangria was fantastic! I'll definitely go back again someday. I'll leave you with a few pictures from our trip. Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, it was awesome to see these pics and hear about your trip.

    I know you are in a dark place right now but I think you're awesome for making the most of life, your hubs, travels, etc. And seriously, you ovulate on your own, that is SO HUGE. That means you are never out of the game. There have been a couple of au naturel BFPs in blog land lately and I am so hoping you get to follow in those ridiculously awesome footsteps.

    Thinking of you. xo

    PS I left you a shout out on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I just clicked over to your blog from Egg's and now you've got a new reader. It must be really frustrating to be in that kind of limbo, but you are so smart to do whatever you can on your own to up your chances.

    I live in Madrid so we're not too far apart. And it looks like we were even closer with you in Barcelona recently. It looks like you had a great time and enjoyed some picture-perfect sangria!

    Good luck going forward!

    ReplyDelete