Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday 25 March 2010

Moving On...


I have been trying to let go of the pain from this months BFN and look forward to what may come with our next cycle. Things are a little different for me than most of you I'm sure. I live in Sicily and am a nurse on the multiservice ward at our teeny tiny hospital. I work with every patient admitted to our hospital, including laboring women, pediatrics, surgical patients...meaning I work with all the doctors too. So I don't have an RE, due to our small population. I have an OB acting as an RE, which in my opinion is not a great of an option. I love my doctor, but he isn't quite the expert that some people have the pleasure of working with. The most we can do at our hospital is injectables, so once we hit that mark, we are officially on hiatus during our stay in Italy.
Needless to say because I work with my doctor, I see him everyday. This has advantages and disadvantages. Advantages include asking questions any time I need to, having his home phone number, having his respect as a nurse, being able to look up my own labs, can be seen anytime and any day, and he watches my dog for me when I go on vacation. Disadvantages include, seeing him in the stirrups and then having to see him 20 minutes later in the hallway, it's just awkward. But I'm thankful that I have him, and he said he's confident he'll be able to "get me pregnant". I wish I could convince myself to be as confident.
On to happier events like traveling. As my blog is entitled I am living in Italy (and infertile...but I digress). We have been here for almost a year and have definitely taken advantage of the travel opportunities. We have gone some amazing places, but we have so much left to see! Our next stop is Brussels, Bruges, and Amsterdam. I am so excited to explore Holland and Belgium. The Heinekin Experience, Van Gogh Museum, and the Anne Frank House are all on our list to see. If I don't get pregnant this coming cycle at least I'll have some good beer to comfort me. Optimism!
I'll leave you with a picture of my little dog Satchel, he keeps me sane and hopeful. Isn't he the cutest? Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment