Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday 26 August 2012

Baby Shower and 31 weeks

Sorry for the delay...again! If anyone is even reading this anymore :) I am currently 31+2 weeks pregnant. I'm doing well, but getting big and definitely slowing down a bit. I start my midwifery clinical     rotation tomorrow and have to complete 8 hours a week until the first week of December.  This will be in addition to my 40 hour work week and on top of my 6 other credits for my masters program. An 8 credit graduate load is the most I have ever taken at one time.  I'm nervous but I'm trying to get as much done as possible before my little man gets here.  I just want to enjoy him as much as possible so I'm going to push myself to get most of the hours done before he gets here at the end of October or early November. So basically this week will begin the suckiness.  But I can get through it.

I had my baby shower yesterday and it was lovely! My wonderful friend Naomi hosted at her house and put together a beautiful party. My sister-in-law Sondra was down from RI house hunting for their upcoming move, so she helped out as well. It was a great time, and I received so many wonderful gifts from my friends at work. I couldn't help but wish that my mom had made it out here for my shower, or any of my family for that matter. I know I am the one that moved away but I am a little hurt that no one showed up or invited me home for a family party to celebrate this baby that we have been waiting for forever.  It was an extra knife in my back that my mom made the trek to chicago for my cousins baby shower (she struggled to get pregnant as well and is due a month after me).  My mom is retired, I offered to pay for her plane ticket to come and she declined saying it was too much. It just makes me feel unsupported by her.  She says she is coming for the birth, but I'm not going to hold my breath.  I guess I just thought that it would be easier being back in the states but I still feel kind of alone. I'm so thankful for Naomi. She is always there for me and I'm really glad that I can be there for her while her husband is away on deployment.









In other news, the baby's room is still not completed. I had a slight panic attack when I stood in the room and saw all the gifts and baby things.  It freaks me out a little to realize that this baby will be here in less that 10 weeks! But I think the anxiety is normal and I'm dealing with things one day at a time. We also got away for a babymoon to Cape Cod. We had a blast, I'll leave you with a few pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment