Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Could this go any slower?

I'm barely pregnant and trying to enjoy every second but I just wish these first few weeks would go by faster. With Sam and I being apart I would love to speed this along so we can celebrate our little miracle. I'm staying in my ignorance is bliss mode right now. I have not gotten a blood test or an ultrasound or anything yet. I'm a nurse, I know I should, but I also know it isn't necessary yet. I'm taking my prenatal vitamins, I'm having a few symptoms, no pain, no bleeding so I figure I have a few weeks left just to hang out. I don't want everyone at work to know and our hospital is so small that everyone would know rather quickly. I have my 4 positive tests with the lines getting darker each day and that is enough for me.....for now.
Now that the initial shock has worn off I'm just enjoying the idea of us becoming a family of three, no offense to my pup Satchel. I'm also making myself nervous thinking about daycare when I have to go back to work and worrying about the actual delivery part of this whole deal. I'm a L & D nurse so I've seen some shit go bad in there and it scares the crap out of me. As scared as I am I continue to feel completely blessed to have a chance to have this baby. I know I am far from out of the woods yet, but I am truly grateful for this experience.

In other news the house is coming along well. I can't wait to move in! Sam hired someone to refinish all of the floors, he painted 3 of the rooms already, and some of our new furniture has arrived. The place will be ready to go by the time I get back in April. All of our stuff is being shipped on Monday back to the US (a nice 2 month long journey on a ship). I have a ton to do and no motivation. So far all I feel like doing is sleeping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment