Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday 14 April 2011

Apparently I'm a Guiney Pig.

My new cycle has started, yippeeee (I hope you can sense the sarcasm). I'm cycle day 5, taking the letrozole blah, blah, blah. Apparently this month my Dr want me to try an hCG trigger shot. Why?? Good question. I feel like he's thinking nothing else worked, lets just try this too. I'm curious to see if it makes a difference, but honestly why would it? I've ovulated every single time. We've had pretty great timing and clearly ovulation and timing are not the issue. I sometimes wonder what it is. I wonder if my body is attacking Sam's sperm (ala Charlotte on sex and the city). Or if my uterus is hostile (ala Meredith on Greys) or if we're just incompatible and my eggs and his sperm just plain hate each other and refuse to play nice. What can it be??? Or is it nothing, is it simply unexplained. Is it that huge gray area, that big what if that hangs over your very existence. I wish I had something to truly blame it on because not knowing is a bitch. Oh well, two more cycles and I'll be free to obsess about other things besides infertility.
I gave myself something to look forward to by planning a trip to Dublin in May for a few days. It's been 11 years since I've been there and Sam has never been. We are both extremely excited to drink Guiness and roam the streets. I can't wait to get out of this joint for a few days.
That's all for now. I'll try to post more, I've been kinda down lately and being lazy. I'll get better soon, I promise :)

2 comments:

  1. Your trip to Ireland sounds fabulous. I hope that you don't get to drink any of that Guiness... I do think they sell Guiness-flavored candy instead, though... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, love Dublin. :) Ditto Ruth's comment....soooooo hoping you can't drink pints while you're there.

    And I like that you're adding the trigger. Yip for a guaranteed super-strong ovulation!!!! Will you get monitored by u/s? My lining was always too thin to support a pregnancy on Clomid...never would've known that unless we'd done u/s monitoring. xoxo

    ReplyDelete