Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday 11 June 2011

Another one bites the dust

I just received a call from my best friend Naomi. A call I new was coming since she took out her IUD in January. She's pregnant and really excited. I am excited for her, but hurting so much for us. Why does it have to feel this way. Can I rewind to 5 years ago, when someone would tell me they were pregnant and all I could do was grin and think about how I was going to spoil the crap out of that brand new baby? How I would spend all my money and time buying things for them, making sure they were comfortable, planning the shower? I miss feeling happy for people who are pregnant, not jealous. It just kills me that they only tried for 4 months and BAM! she's got a bun in the oven. I feel so foolish. I feel so useless. I feel so scared. Who am I to ever think that I would be lucky enough to have a child? Where do I even get off hoping to have a baby with my husband? It happens to others, not to me. I must have done something in my life to deserve this pain. I'm not entitled to having a child, it is a privilage that I will never know. I just can't figure out how to accept this and move on from the jealousy that I feel towards all the women that get pregnant without trying. 4 long years of longing for a family. 4 long years of stress and pain and tears. I have a good life, why is that not enough? I hope this new pregnancy will not make me lost my best friend. I can't stand any more grief.

1 comment:

  1. That is SO hard. :((((( I am so sorry. It's not that you don't want this for her, you just want it for YOURSELF so so so so so badly.

    I really hate that you cannot pursue more aggressive treatments at this time. Can't even fathom how frustrating that is. But please keep in mind that there are lots of other things to try. I did 3 rounds of Clomid and 3 rounds of injects before it worked. I am thankful every single day that we lucked out and also that we didn't have to go to IVF. But when Clomid and injects weren't working I was POSITIVE nothing would ever work....and here we are today with two perfect babies. You keep your head up, your time is coming, I promise you. It sucks beyond belief that you have to endure this heart ache and grief and forced break from treatments, but your time WILL COME. xoxo

    ReplyDelete